Accelerate your success
The Global Insurance Accelerator is a mentor-driven business accelerator designed to foster innovation in the insurance industry by supporting insurtech startups targeting the global insurance industry.
Startups: this is not your typical accelerator. Our investors are insurance carriers, our mentors are primarily insurance executives. Participating with our program is a highly strategic decision to find product-market fit and do customer discovery faster than you could ever do on your own.
We work with early-stage insurtech companies who are building
solutions to support the insurance industry. We operate an equity program in the spring and a non-equity program in the fall.
Equity-based program perks:
- Investment with founder-friendly terms: $75k in the form of a post-money SAFE that converts to 5% of the company; no board seat
- Currated meetings with 75+ insurance-focused mentors in program; dozens more after
- Final presentations @ Global Insurance Symposium (~600 attendees in 2019)
- Additional exposure at industry conferences
- One-bedroom, residential-style suite at the Staybridge Suites, with amenities including daily breakfast, nightly dinner, gym, pool, and laundry (104 nights / 2-minute walk from GIA / housing covered by investment)
- Office space for your entire team
- Typical accelerator perks (deals on hosting, marketing tools, etc)
- Stocked fridge at the GIA office
- Founders need to be in Des Moines during the program, business-related travel is supported (program schedule)