InsurTech Week 2020
April 22, 2020 Applications Open
July 22, 2020 Application Close
October 12 - 16, 2020 InsurTech Week (virtual in 2020)
2021 Accelerator Program
August 1, 2020 Applications Open
October 19, 2020 Applications Close
January 19 2021 Accelerator Starts
April 27, 2021 Final Presentations
Accelerate your success
The Global Insurance Accelerator is a mentor-driven business accelerator designed to foster innovation in the insurance industry by supporting insurtech startups targeting the global insurance industry.
Startups: this is not your typical accelerator. Our investors are insurance carriers, our mentors are primarily insurance executives. Participating with our program is a highly strategic decision to find product-market fit and do customer discovery faster than you could ever do on your own.
We work with early-stage insurtech companies who are building
solutions to support the insurance industry.
We operate an equity program in the spring and a non-equity program in the fall.
Equity-based program perks:
- Investment with founder-friendly terms and no board seat: up to $75k equity-based investment of no more than 5% of the company (final investment terms will be communicated to all applicants prior to accepting an interview with the selection committee in October 2020 and will not be negotiable).
- Currated meetings with 75+ insurance-focused mentors in program; dozens more after
- Final Presentations in front of a large insurance audience
- Additional exposure at industry conferences
- One-bedroom, residential-style suite at the Staybridge Suites, with amenities including daily breakfast, nightly dinner, gym, pool, and laundry (104 nights / 2-minute walk from GIA / housing covered by investment)
- Office space for your entire team
- Typical accelerator perks (deals on hosting, marketing tools, etc)
- Stocked fridge at the GIA office
- Founder(s) take residence in Des Moines during the 100-day program