Accelerate your successThe Global Insurance Accelerator is a mentor-driven business accelerator designed to foster innovation in the insurance industry by supporting startups targeting the global insurance industry.
We take in early-stage companies who are building solutions that support the insurance industry. We provide seed funding, networking with our mentors, a desk in our beautiful office in Des Moines, 100-days of on-site support and a final presentation online to a large audience of insurance professionals.
This is not your typical accelerator. Our investors are insurance carriers, our mentors are primarily insurance executives. Startups participating in our program find product-market fit and do customer discovery faster than they could ever do at any other accelerator. We are a strategic partner.
- Investment with founder-friendly terms and no board seat: up to $75k equity-based investment of no more than 5% of the company (final investment terms will be communicated to all applicants prior to accepting an interview with the selection committee in October 2020 and will not be negotiable).
- Curated meetings with 75+ insurance-focused mentors in program; dozens more after
- Final Presentations in front of a large insurance audience
- Additional exposure at industry conferences
- One-bedroom, residential-style suite at the Staybridge Suites, with amenities including daily breakfast, nightly dinner, gym, pool, and laundry (104 nights / 2-minute walk from GIA / housing covered by investment)
- Office space for your entire team
- Typical accelerator perks (deals on hosting, marketing tools, etc)
- Stocked fridge at the GIA office
- Founder(s) take residence in Des Moines during the 100-day program
Program Phases in 2021 (subject to change)
Phase 1Tuesday, January 19th - Friday February 12th
- Advisor Meetings
- Mentor Meetings: 75+ insurance focused mentors
- February 3rd: Welcome Reception
Phase 2Monday, February 15 - Friday, March 12
- Mentor Matching (currated matches, 1:1 meetings begin)
- Workshops and Panels
- Insurance CEO & InsurTech Founder Talks
- March 10th: GIA Social
Phase 3Monday, March 15 - Wednesday, April 28
- Pitch Practice
- 1:1 Mentor Meetings Continued
- Workshops and Panels
- April 27nd: Final Presentations